AFE 2012 Call for Nominations
AFE will elect several national and regional officers this fall to serve terms from January 2013 through December 2014. The AFE Nominations Committee is looking for outstanding candidates to fill these positions. In 2012 the membership will elect two members of the AFE Board of Directors and four Regional Vice Presidents.
The national officers to be elected this year are:
- Industry Director
- Academic Director
Job descriptions for these offices are on the AFE website at http://www.afe.org/about/JobDescriptionsofAFENationalOfficers.pdf.
And the regional offices are:
- Region 2 Vice President
- (Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio)
- Region 4 Vice President
- (California (Northern), Hawaii, Nevada (Reno), Oregon, Washington)
- Region 6 Vice President
- (Arizona, California (Southern), Colorado, Nevada (Las Vegas), New Mexico, Utah)
- Region 8 Vice President
- (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont)
The current office holders, all of whom are eligible for re-election, are:
- Industry Director Roy Nation
- Academic Director John Massey, CPE
- Region 2 VP Cliff Muller
- Region 4 VP Jerry Biron
- Region 6 VP Rene Hernandez
- Region 8 VP Steve Nicholas, CPMM
Job descriptions for these offices are on the AFE website at http://www.afe.org/about/reg_vice_pres.cfm.
We strongly encourage you to nominate highly qualified individuals including yourself! for these leadership roles. Remember, AFE is your association; your participation in the election process is an important way to become involved and to shape the future of the organization. And holding an AFE office is a great leadership experience.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- All regular members of AFE in good standing are eligible to hold office, nominate candidates and vote in the elections.
- Regional Vice President candidates must live or work in the region that they will serve.
- Only members who live or work in a specific region may nominate or vote for Regional Vice President candidates for that region.
- AFE Bylaws call for at least two candidates for each position. A candidate may be placed on the ballot by a petition submitted by at least 1% of the members eligible to vote.
To submit a nomination or to nominate yourself, complete the Candidate Biography available online here, and submit it electronically to Wayne Carley, AFE Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Wayne Carley or any member of the Nominations Committee.
Thank you for your participation. We look forward to an exciting future for AFE with you leading the way!
Your 2011 Nominations Committee,
Larry Ross, CPE, Past Chair of the AFE Board of Directors and Chair of the Nominations Committee
Wayne Saya, CPE, Chair of the AFE Board of Directors
Steve Sakach, CPE, AFE Board of Directors
Denny Hydrick, CPMM, Region 1 Vice President, Committee of Representatives